Humanitarian Programme Manager (based in Goma with frequent Travel within and Outside DRC)
Contract length: 12 months Fixed term
Annual Gross salary: 44.591 – 49.369 USD (Band C)
Publish Start Date: 15 October 2020
Publish End Date: 29 October 2020
At Christian Aid we have a vision of a better world, free from poverty, and we are investing in fundraising with a long-term strategy that will enable us to have an even greater impact.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated person for the position of Humanitarian Programme Manager based in Goma/Democratic Republic of Congo
About the role
The Incumbent will Lead and manage the portfolio of partners and projects within the framework of the DRC national programme and within a policy framework agreed with the country director. This role will include the management of a team providing technical support and ensuring effective programme management and development and partners capacity strengthening. Ensure projects management with partners and take care of communication and resources mobilization, including with institutional donors. Ensure a strong link within Humanitarian response programme, Resilience/Development programme and peacebuilding programme including advocacy, representation in country and international forums on Humanitarian and resilience issues in effective synergy with the humanitarian community.
Main job tasks :
- Develop and manage Humanitarian, resilience and Peace building programs, ensuring strong design, planning and monitoring systems are in place and effectively utilized in accordance with Christian-Aid Program Quality Framework, the Core Humanitarian Standards and other relevant technical standards (IASC, SPHERE, etc)
- Articulate Christian-Aid commitment to Safeguarding, Safety, Access, dignity and Inclusion throughout program life cycle
- Effectively contribute to the development and review of Christian Aid DRC strategy
- Develop and Manage partnerships in line with partnership principles, Christian Values, Vision and Mission
- Develop Christian-Aid and partner Staff capacity, ensuring knowledge is exchanged and contributes to expertise in key thematic areas including Food Security & Livelihoods, Peacebuilding, Conflict prevention & resolution, Shelter & NFI, Gender, Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience building
- Ensure accountable stewardship of program resources, including Human, technical and budget (financial) resources in accord with applicable Christian-Aid, Donor and DRC compliance requirements
- Ensure quality and timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including donors and peers in technical working groups
- Lead needs assessments, including Multisector joint assessments with other humanitarian actors
- Ensure CA DRC emergency response plans are updated regularly and remains relevant to its context
- Work closely with the with Programme Funding Division (PFD) for funding mobilization, with Humanitarian Division (HD) and Program Quality and Operations Division (PQOD) for enhancing programme quality and operations.
- Coordinate with other actors, consortium, allies and support partners to play a leadership role.
- Manage program risks with the support and oversight of the Country Director
- Manage program communications including producing regular bulletins, sitrep, Annual report and other communication contents
- Represent Christian Aid in Humanitarian and technical fora including Clusters, working groups and other humanitarian coordination and advocacy platforms as delegated by the Country Director
- Provide a deeper understanding and regular updates of dynamics of DRC’s and regional humanitarian context and conflicts and their interlinkages with the governance of natural resources in DRC, particularly access to essential natural goods by competing interests.
- Use that understanding and the potential of the DRC Civil Society to contribute to the transformation of conflicts, peace building and protection work and to build the resilience capacities of communities sustainably.
- Assist the Country Program to better understand essential tools (humanitarian tools, policies, procedures, principles and standards both internal and external to CA) of participative assessment of local problems and identification of potential local sustainable solutions through the use various academic and practical approaches.
- Identify Christian Aid and its partners portfolio strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Develop a strong and integrated Program on Building Peace through sustainable livelihoods and general resilience of communities.
- Develop and implement a long-term integrated Resilience – TVBP – Humanitarian strategy for furthering CA’s engagement with governments, civil society, corporates and others, to influence their positive impact on peace.
- Support the Country Program in accessing funds and implementing activities both in cases of emergency and humanitarian crisis and sustainable resilience throughout the country and ensuring high quality deliverable.
- Effective projects and programmes delivered with impact in line with agreed aims.
- Ensure that project proposals are based on strategic thinking and strong technical input, planning, monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Ensure recruitment, management and development of high performing team who are meeting their objectives.
About you :
The incumbent should have an experience and expert knowledge in working on resilience, peace building and protection, humanitarian projects and conflict transformation; should combine these with advanced skills in the governance of natural resources and a minimum experience of 8- year fieldbased experience managing and overseeing multi-partner and multi-donor programs in DRC with not less than 2 years in a managerial position.
Please ensure you address the competency requirements in your supporting statement. These can be found in the role profile.
To apply please follow the link below :
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
La Direction Christian Aid/RDC